Saturday 7 May 2011

Being Anointed of the Lord

I would like to continue the story and let you know what God has done this last week.

On Monday, the 2nd of May, 2011, I, Nathan Sinclair have become wedded to Jesus. The ceremony begun at roughly 9:45pm where after a short reason for what I was doing, I was anointed with 3 litres of olive oil as a symbolic declaration of my love for Him and being betrothed to Him. These are the reasons:
1. I am entering into a year of being perfumed with fragrances. This is a commitment which will last until the 1st of May 2012 at which end, according to the scripture, I will have an audience with the King.
2. God is hotly pursuing me with desire and jealousy
3. He has done everything and His love is better than life
4. God delights in obedience, the past 3 or so weeks, He has put me out of my comfort zone to follow Him and he rewards me for my obedience. I can't go on at all without the enabling of the Holy Spirit. Everything I have is his. What a wonderful God, who counts obedience as being better than time, or money!
5. As a sign of extravagance I bought 3 bottles of olive oil from the Supermarket to pour out over my whole body, top of my head to the soles of my feet! And why not do it now? This is not something that can wait! I love Him!

I would also like to share this story that my help to understand what has happened. While traveling from Christchurch to Oxford on Sunday I got a ride with a man named Edward. I said the same thing that I have just shared. I told Him "to people that do not know a person it can sound very strange things you will do with a person and for a person. But when you do know the person, everything makes perfect sense" I know that God understands what I'm doing.

Here is some further information about how this happened:

So, I had some extra cash in my wallet. I raced back to the lounge where, relaying the story to my parents, I showed how God had convinced me to keep on going on this journey. To understand where this is coming from I need to go back two days just before I left to come to Christchurch, for the weekend. The Lord spoke to me and said "There is something better than declaring truth from the word and standing on promises of His word. I live in You, Ask for the seal of divine love" When I said "Seal with divine love" it was like i could do anything.

But after 3 times the sensation ended, and I loaded in the van and we traveled to Christchurch. On the way to Christchurch I do not remember anything significant except thinking about the verse in 2 Timothy 1:6 where it says "we do not have the spirit of fear but of power, of love, and of a sound mind" Later that night I would be listening to an audio book by Lou Engle, called Nazarite DNA. While listening to the sermon I was taking notes. The book is stirring however I did not have any certain things happen, until he mentioned a verse in Song of Songs:

"Set me as a seal upon your heart, As a seal upon your arm; For love [is as] strong as death, Jealousy [as] cruel as the grave; [fn] Its flames [are] flames of fire, A most vehement flame." (Song 8:6)

Which is what I had been reciting. He talked about the God who hotly pursues us with desire and jealousy, Him being the source of our extravagant lifestyle as Nazarites. He gave the invitation, saying, "If you have believe God is hotly pursuing you with his desire and his jealousy, it is because He wants you to live the life of a Nazarite" (words to that effect) So I said to Him "seal me with divine love"

Skip another day forward, I was in Church and during worship I was declaring the names of Jesus when God interrupted me and said "Hadassah" So I looked up the phrase in the book of Esther:

"And [Mordecai] had brought up Hadassah, that [is], Esther, his uncle's daughter, for she had neither father nor mother. The young woman [was] lovely and beautiful. When her father and mother died, Mordecai took her as his own daughter. " (Esther 2:7)

After praying I finished with saying "Father, I pray adopt us as your daughter" So in the afternoon came and I headed back to the base in Oxford.

While praying up in the prayer room on the Saturday night, God gave me the scripture Psalm 139

For the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. O LORD, You have searched me and known [me]. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. For [there is] not a word on my tongue, [But] behold, O LORD, You know it altogether. You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me. [Such] knowledge [is] too wonderful for me; It is high, I cannot [attain] it. Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You [are] there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, You [are there]. [If] I take the wings of the morning, [And] dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, Even there Your hand shall lead me, And Your right hand shall hold me. If I say, "Surely the darkness shall fall on me," Even the night shall be light about me; Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You, But the night shines as the day; The darkness and the light [are] both alike [to You]. For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully [and] wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And [that] my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, [And] skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When [as yet there were] none of them. How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them!
[If] I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; When I awake, I am still with You. Oh, that You would slay the wicked, O God! Depart from me, therefore, you bloodthirsty men. For they speak against You wickedly; Your enemies take [Your name] in vain. Do I not hate them, O LORD, who hate You? And do I not loathe those who rise up against You? I hate them with perfect hatred; I count them my enemies. Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties;
And see if [there is any] wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting.

We are brought into the throne of the King and we are seized with fear. Where does this fear come from? It comes from His power, He has the power over life and death, He can see straight through you, knows everything about you, and there is only one that He is after, the ones before, the ones after, they all get thrown away. He wants a perfect bride, someone who will not be afraid, but will not be arrogant either. He's pardoned me of my sin, and washed me with the word.

When I got to Oxford, I found my room tidied, a note on my bed, and it was from the daughters here. I just wanted to give you the proper respect that you deserve, because your simple obedience has spoken to my heart. It is the heart of this message that belongs to you

No comments:

Post a Comment